Compressed Air Flow meter In Line Type Model VA520.
The new VA520 Series flowmeter operates using the well proven colorimetric measuring principle. This technology uses a heated sensor which is cooled by the gas flow as it passes and the degree of cooling is dependent upon the mass flow rate of the flow medium. Through precise measurement of the cooling effect a direct mass flow reading can be calculated therefore additional temperature and pressure sensors are not required.
The VA520 is supplied with its own stainless steel measuring section pipework. This feature provides a much higher degree of accuracy as factory calibration of the sensor is carried out with it mounted in its own measuring section.
The VA520 not only calculates and display mass flow rate and total but also provides signal outputs to interface with other process instrumentation. A 4-20mA output linear to instantaneous mass flow rate and a scaled pulse for flow total are available as standard
Due to its compact design and flexibility the VA520 can be used to monitor a wide range of compressed air systems from the compressor itself to the smallest compressed air tool.
The VA520 is designed for pipeline installations from 1/2” to 2”. For larger installations, 2” to 12”, we can offer the VA500 Insertion Flowmeter .
The VA520 is not only suitable for compressed air measurement but can also handle such gases as nitrogen, oxygen and CO2 Installation of VA520 can be carried out easily and quickly. Should the sensor require removal for calibration or cleaning purposes this can be done without removing the complete measuring section from the pipeline.
- NEW High accuracy sensor..
- Easy and affordable hot tap installation
- Display engineering units are keypad selectable (m3/h, m3/min, l/min, l/s, kg/h, kg/min, kg/s, cfm)
- Accuracy +/- 1.5% of m.v +/- 0.3% of FS
- 4-20mA and pulse outputs (galvanically isolated) as standard
- Digital Output RS458 Interface, Modbus RTU
- Negligible pressure loss
- No moving parts
- No additional temperature or pressure sensors necessary
- Gas type software selectable (nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, Argon, Helium)
- Special 5 point calibration to ISO standard
- Now available with flanged connections