Insertion Type Flow meter for Compressed Air and Gases – VA500
The new VA500 Series flow meter operates using the well-proven colorimetric measuring principle. This technology uses a heated sensor which is cooled by the gas flow as it passes and the degree of cooling is dependent upon the mass flow rate of the flow medium. Through precise measurement of the cooling effect a direct mass flow reading can be calculated therefore additional temperature and pressure sensors are not required.
If required, the VA500 can be supplied with its own stainless steel measuring section pipework. This feature provides a higher degree of accuracy as factory calibration of the sensor is carried out with it mounted in its own measuring section.
The VA500 not only calculates and display mass flow rate and total but also provides signal outputs to interface with other process instrumentation. A 4-20mA output linear to instantaneous mass flow rate and a scaled pulse for flow total are available as standard.
- NEW High accuracy sensor gives potential of 1000:1 turndown.
- Easy and affordable hot tap installation
- Display engineering units are keypad selectable (m3/h, m3/min, l/min, l/s, kg/h, kg/min, kg/s, cfm)Depth scale for accurate installation
- Accuracy +/- 1.5% of m.v +/- 0.3% of FS
- 4-20mA and pulse outputs (galvanically isolated) as standard
- Digital Output RS458 Interface, Modbus RTU
- Measuring section option for even greater accuracy
- Negligible pressure loss
- No moving parts
- No additional temperature or pressure sensors necessary
- Gas type software selectable (nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, Argon, Helium)