The new KATflow 180 represents the culmination of many years of development in the field of ultrasonic technology. It has been designed to provide a reliable measurement on varying applications from high pressure flow systems to locations where in the past clamp-on devices would not have been considered suitable. Unlike other instruments the new meter can be installed on metallic gas pipes where the pressure is far lower than the recognised five bar minimum, with measurement possible down to atmospheric conditions. This is achieved through a combination of powerful sophisticated electronics, adaptive filtering techniques and innovative signal processing algorithms using Digital Signal Processors (DSPʼs).
With the innovations introduced by Katronic in the KATflow 180 it is possible to measure flow of a variety of different gaseous media from 0.1 to 75 m/s. The advanced transducer assembly economically offers both shear and Lamb wave measurements with a minimum number of sensors, for greater simplicity. The unit is available for permanent use in both safe and hazardous environments with rugged housings for Zones 1 and 2. The KATflow 180 is easily programmed with a magnetic pen for increased safety and can measure on all commonly used pipe materials.
- Suitable for installation in safe and/or hazardous areas
- Shear and Lamb wave IP 68 stainless steel sensors
- Process output options including current, open-collector, relay
- Communication option Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP
- Inputs for temperature, pressure and gas compressibility factor available
- Web-based data evaluation, instrument setup via wired, wireless or GSM connection